South African National Accreditation System
The South African National Accreditation System (SANAS) is recognised by the South African Government as the single National Accreditation Body that gives formal recognition that Laboratories, Certification Bodies, Inspection Bodies, Proficiency Testing Scheme Providers and Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) test facilities are competent to carry out specific tasks in terms of the Accreditation for Conformity Assessment, Calibration and Good Laboratory Practice Act (Act 19 of 2006). View Document
SANAS’s purpose is to instil confidence and peace of mind to companies and individuals through accreditation which is required for economic and social well-being for all.
- »2015 Communications meetings dates
- »SANAS Accreditation: Delivering confidence in Health Care
- »B-BBEE verification bodies accredited by SANAS for the amended B-BBEE Codes of Good Practice
- »New Accreditation Programme for Certification Bodies of Organic Agricultural Production and Processing
- »Road Transport Management System (RTMS) SANS 1395 Certification